back to article T-Mobile UK slides out latest Sidekick

T-Mobile last night unveiled the Sidekick Slide, the first handset in the consumer-friendly email gadget range to appear since T-Mobile cut its ties with Sharp and signed up Motorola as a manufacturer. Sidekick_slide_closed T-Mobile's Sidekick Slide: big, slide-up screen The quad-band GSM/GPRS/Edge phone, pictures of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lewa
    Happy

I can't believe it.

I've found my ideal phone. Well, until the next one comes along anyway.

Anyone know what T-Mobile are like as a network?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

It's hideous

It's hideous! Why would any self-respecting 15-30 year old be interested in a two-handed device when they're proficient at using a normal phone in one hand without even needing to look at it? And why would 15-30 years olds be interested in mobile email/IM? It's what texts are for. Any 20-30 year old who needs mobile email is going to get a Blackberry from work anyway!

Pointless and fugly.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

T-Mobile

"Anyone know what T-Mobile are like as a network?"

I've just switched from O2 to T-Mobile to get hold of the Vario III. The device itself widdles all over the Sidekick, and the network coverage is surprisingly good. Plus they're the only UK carrier with decent data rates at the moment...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Lewa

They are good in UK coverage, etc. But if you ever go abroad it is the most soul-destroying, suicide inducing experience ever to try and check your voicemail or communicate with anyone, and you are charged heavily for this 'experience'.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Re: I can't believe it.

My experiences are positive so far - I switched to T-Mobile on the strength of (semi-)sensible data tariffs and the fact that their shop staff, at least in their York branch, are both knowledgeable and helpful. The net result is a tariff and phone which suit my usage needs, with the option to activate a data plan when I need it (not yet, but soon)

My only experience with anything customer-service related so far has been with their Porting team, who I had to call to transfer my number over from O2 - no mess, no fuss, just gave them the PAC code and they handled everything in a timely and professional manner. Coverage is good too, at least in my part of the world - I get a decent strength signal with T-Mobile where previously I got fairly close to bugger-all on O2.

As for the Sidekick itself ... does too much for me. I've got a laptop for things like that. Whilst there are undoubtedly some people who will find it useful, I suspect that it'll end up competing with the iPhone for the attention of fashion-whores.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SFX

*rustle*

*bonk*

*bonk*

*rustle*

*bonk*

*rustle*

*bonk*

*crunch*

(sound of the latest Sidekick falling out of the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

It does come with an SD card

The product come with a 512mb SD card in box......

8. Grae Stafford
    Alert

SK slide

Its Motorola. Nuff said. Enjoyed the last experience I had with a PDA of theirs. 4 in a year and it ate my info daily.

This is the SK Slide and the proper SK4 (which actually kicks!!!!!) is going to come soon. No idea if T is going to get it though.

9. Craig Lawson
    Black Helicopters

Logo

Is it me or the logo at the top look like the M for Motorola?

Someone lying?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like