back to article M2M jumps beyond the line

Much debate about the use of wireless technology in business tends to revolve around providing mobile and remote workers with access to central systems of one kind or another. The growing popularity of notebook data cards and handheld email devices among professionals is probably the most obvious illustration of this, though …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Open Stealth for Healthy Living in Love's Labourers Lost.... ;-)

"Finally, we have asset tracking, and the obvious question here is how wireless M2M compares and contrasts with the much discussed RFID approach. The easiest way to think about this is to consider that RFID tags must come into close proximity with a reader for them to be activated (and therefore register a location), which can only be achieved by either taking the reader to the asset (eg through portable equipment) or passing the asset through a location with a reader installed. In situations where valuable plant, machinery, components and the like are just "out there" moving around in ways that cannot be easily pre-defined, RFID is not practical; hence the relevance of M2M."

And what of the Installed ATMoSPhere. Surely that can Track and Feed ITs Drivers Needs. And Virtually So, at the Click of a Mouse and the Swipe of a Card.

Which would Create a Virtual Machine for Real.!? under AI Banking System Control?

Yes, IT does. QuITe an Asset in Deed, indeed.

Anonymous Coward

Examples please

Hi

Sorry, I am not an IT guy...

Would anyone please give me some practical examples of uses of M2M technology, and names of companies that offer M2M products?

Many thanks.

Silver badge

Prime Example

I think you find that is rightly classified information, Anonymous Vulture, in any Secure IntelAIgent System.

"Sorry, I am not an IT guy..." Now there's a novelty for one who can communicate so clearly.

Tinker, Tailor.....?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018