back to article Lobby group calls for police database access for prisons

Some deaths in custody could be averted if the Prison Service had access to the Police National Computer, an independent forum has said. The Forum for Preventing Deaths in Custody says it wants a more joined-up approach between the Prison Service and police to reduce the number of deaths in custody from non-natural causes. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Law of Data Entropy

AKA the second law of data dynamics:

"whenever data distribution is out of equilibrium a potential or data-dynamic "force" (the gradient of a potential) exists that the world acts spontaneously to dissipate or minimize."

So you give DNA samples to a 'database' which is used for the police to investigate crimes. That creates an inbalanced equilibrium, why can't the prison services have it too?, the tax man?, insurance companies?, me, ME?! What if my kids are in your nursery school and you have a genetic disposition to psychotic freak outs? I DEMAND THE RIGHT TO SEE YOUR DNA RECORDS! Just like a similar bloke like me in an insurance company can see it.

Ahh, but I don't have kids, but if someone with kids can see your DNA records why not me?

This topic is closed for new posts.