back to article uSwitch cans IT workers

Price comparison site uSwitch.com has made around 10 of its IT department redundant in a bid to cut costs. Marketing boss Alan Tattersall said the job losses were part of a reorganisation after the firm moved to new offices and combined IT departments with sister site Shopzilla.com. He said: "It's a minor restructure. Like …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

10 of ...?

Whilst I appreciate the funny byline (ugotta switch), any chance of a little more info on the article? Are they making 10 of their 11 IT staff redundant or 10 of their 150 IT staff?

2. robert cooke

it was in the article.

"The IT department currently employs about 70"

cunningly hidden in the body of the article.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should we be surprised?

When uSwitch turns in to a sex change website for a number of hours?

4. Dan

its a

feckin waste of time anyway.

5. Allan

Well, they've saved

over £300,000 a year on salaries.

Maybe now they can make some decent ads.

6. Luke Wells

Does what it says on the tin

Not sure I see a reason for any negative comments on uSwitch? I've used them a couple of times to switch and save money, so they pretty much do what they say on the tin.

Not sure what impact on the service cutting down their IT workers will have?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

around 10?

i'd understand using around 300 if they'd fired 297 people, but surely 10(or 9, or 11) people calls for a bit of accuracy

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The IT dept

I was offered a job by them in the server support team - very nearly took it too - and they said that the goal of their department was to get the site running to a standard such that they could then do as little work as possible. A noble aim, especially in the context of IT support, but not one likely to impress anyone else in the business :s

Still, at least you know the site is stable now :)

9. troutbotherer

"Not sure I see a reason for any negative comments on uSwitch?"

They're a bit dodge - take a look at the bottom of this article -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_switching_services_in_the_UK

10. Curtis W. Rendon

Wrong ones

Should have laid off marketeers and kept the workers.

This topic is closed for new posts.