back to article Apple to announce HDD-less iPods tomorrow?

Apple will tomorrow unveil revamped iPods - the first without a hard drive - and iPod Nanos at an event to be held tomorrow, if the leaks and rumours of the last few weeks prove accurate. Observers are expecting Apple to take the wraps off a new iPod with a design derived not from past versions of the player but from the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nano nano

Plus ca change

Presumably they will soon be announcing an iPod Nano with hard drive, and a Shuffle with display ....

2. Hayden Clark Silver badge

"revampled"

... love it.

3. Matt Thornton

Indeed, rumours abound

I for one hope it is the new all singing all dancing megaPod because my trusty old Creative Zen Micro is sadly lying in pieces on my desk and I've decided to take the leap and join the masses. The new Creative Zen looks luvverly and I'd happily buy one - except they still don't support OSX so organising my music and video on the thing is too much of a ball-ache.

4. Ian Ferguson

iPhone launch?

Seeing as this press event has specific invites to European press, and Apple seem to have tied up contracts with European network operators, wouldn't it be much more logical if this event is simply launching the iPhone in Europe?

Of course, no Apple event is complete without the wildly over-enthusiastic pre-hype predicting a magical new Apple device that will change the world and end poverty.

5. William Clark

Title

'Apple will tomorrow unveil revamped iPods - the first without a hard drive' - I don't understand - Nanos and Shuffles both use flash memory???????

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just to be even more pedantic

Although the shuffle and nano are part of the iPod branding, generally speaking whenever articles make reference to iPods, it tends to be the bigger models that are being discussed - and I think most readers would appreciate the distinction.

Sure if you want to be pedantic about it, then you're right... but then just to be extra pedantic, 'shuffle' and 'nano' should be always be written entirely with lowercase letters and not start with a capital letter.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Easy to find the truth!

Just see which website has been given a cease order from the Apple lawyers. That'll be the one with the correct info...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

news?

Why not wait until tomorrow and tell what Apple ACTUALLY announce ?

9. Kenny Millar

Close, but no cigar

You're almost right.

Tomorrows annoucment will be at least 2 things.

1. An iPhone styled iPod as described above but WITH a hdd not flash.

2. The much rumoured iPod nano with flash.

10. Trevor Watt

Jobs pumps the fanbois again....

Take it baby, take it!

11. Morely Dotes

Well, I guess there's an IT angle...

But other than that, who cares?

iPod, Zune, any other proprietary, over-hyped, over-priced crap out there?

I'm quite happy with my $50 mp3 player, and my NHJ PMP (and bugger the execs who shut down NHJ). Open standards (or at least *standards*) are the way to go.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Morely Dotes

Whats not standard? The iPod (and even the Zune, zen etc) play the very standard Mp3 format... Only the syncing software is proprietary, and that's still free. And i'm fairly certain my iPod (or my Zen) is easier to use, holds more and it's battery lasts longer than just about any $50 player.

Come join the rest of the world. We have cookies (and better media players).

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: Well, I guess there's an IT angle...

Well, I use a Zen Vision:M, and I must say I'm very happy with it. It's Open-standard compatible somewhat (if you use gnomad2 to get around the MTP thing - I haven't tried because I sync my zen with WiMP on my MCPC). And it plays MP3s and DivX videos.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like