back to article Cisco and Microsoft vow to fight nice

Microsoft and Cisco may be headed for a market rivalry, but the companies vowed today that their competing products will work together well. In their first public discussion together, Cisco chief John Chambers and Microsoft chief Steve Ballmer said that while the companies will compete, they will continue to collaborate in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This should be fun....

I have more than a passing acquaintance of what I think of as "the evil empire". Anyone who naively thinks that refers to either Intel or Microsoft needs to look at the bottom line over the last ten years - I wouldn't dare comment on business practices ;-)

Cisco and MS cooperating? Don't make me laugh. Cisco doesn't do "cooperation".

MS are in for a serious shock and frankly given the Vista flop (and it is for business) they can't afford a war with cash-rich Cisco.

Fun for those of us who couldn't care less who wins :-)

2. Tone

Cisco doesn't do "cooperation" - Yes they do...

The NAC functionality in Server 2008 is excellent and I am sure this is due to Cisco's considarable input...

3. amanfromMars Silver badge

Schwartz Ops.

"but are using their respective expertise to approach the market. Cisco believes the best way to deliver is at the network level, while Microsoft is going the software route."

Hmmm. The Sunny Route/Root?

Come On, Jonathan, Shine on you Crazy Diamond. Polish IT and let the Light out.

Which is a call to Sun MicroSystems/Networks to get their Virtualisation Act/ Operating Systems InterNetworking together to Create Global Operating Device Server Networks too.

The Prize is no less than Reality Created Virtually and to Order. And the Absurdity in Patenting that is only matched by the Energy of those who would try, which would in effect be creditted funds for the Use of Prior Artists, with the Value of the Invention being Priceless rendering a Secure and Secured Non-Limiting Investment Credit Line instead.

4. A. Merkin

You Will Be Cooperated; Resistance if Futile...

I can't think of two more "cooperative" companies. This premise would make for a great Star Trek episode; two groups of Borg separated for millenia and evolving in parallel... They finally meet up and try to mutually assimalate each other, with disasterous consequences for the Alpha Quadrant.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like