back to article Shark 2 dumbs down Trojan creation

Malign coders have created a new version of a tool that dumbs down the process of creating Trojan horse malware. Shark 2 can be used to create Trojans capable of stealing confidential data, or backdoor programs that can be used to surreptitiously capture images from infected PCs, among other things. The tool is being …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. A. Merkin

Hack the Hackers

Could some white hat hacker please release an updated version of this toolkit that "phones home" to the FBI when installed?

Thanks,

AM

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Hack the Hackers

Sure. Can you get me a copy of the source?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kills the hack with the source...

@ A. Merkin;

Come on, isn't it too easy with the code.

Some shark infecting thingy would be much more fun.

Anyway I would not be too scared of these kind of tools.

Vista is DOA anyway and XP ageing... Another treat is not significant anymore. Long live nix kernels based system and their half proper security models.

4. Alan Donaly

a**hat

asshat troll I know better than to feed you but the last thing anyone in Linux land wants is more zombie windows boxes because while it slows the interwebs down to a crawl those people are totally unaware anything is wrong and we suffer too we still get the spam our sites still get ddosed and our grannies still have their cc information stolen we may think you should switch none of us think you should be victimised thats kind of the point troll to not let people be victimised and we have to fight crap FUD and corporate swill all the time to try and help it's shit but we never stop it's too important to stop. What this trojan kit basically does is allow one trojan author to distribute his trojan in slightly different ways but the code is good and will cause a lot of grief I hope it can be tracked and the douche arrested soon.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Alan Donaly

Learn some grammar.

6. Darren Brooke

Re: Alan Donaly

aren't you supposed to wait till friday

before ranting like a loon and cheering me up

thanks for bringing it forward today

db

7. Ru

So,

How would you ensure you'd gotten your hacking toolkit from a 'trusted' source? As opposed to dealing with someone who turns out to be in law enforcement, or perhaps someone who has carefully tweaked it to add backdoors to all the little trojans it produces? I would be in no hurry to go and buy a copy.

8. Anigel

Perhaps it already hacks the hackers

I sure wouldnt trust a tool to write trojans to not have any already included in it and lets be honest if I needed this tool to write stuff then I probably wouldnt know enough to check if it was infected.

Personally I think it would be fitting justice if in the attempt to infect others they got infected themselves

This topic is closed for new posts.