back to article T-Mobile wants our phones

Pile 'em high. A new survey from T-Mobile suggests that the UK population is sitting on 52.3 million old phones, with a combined value of £1.1bn, and they've kindly offered to take them off our hands too. They go on to suggest that these phones could be used to pay for 39,000 nurses, or to buy the entire Chelsea football …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lloyd

That being the case

Can they remove the bloody unsightly 15m phone mast they put at the bottom of my garden, and the next time they want to put one up any chance they could inform the residents rather than just ticking the "residents informed" box on the planning application?

2. Matthew Glubb

For the less charitably minded...

You can sell you second hand phones (including broken) at the mopay website. My Sony Ericsson K800i is worth just over £60. Interestingly, more PDA like phones seem to have a lower second hand value...

3. Mike

old news

I've been using mobile phone trade-in sites for ages and the best for service (and the one that pays the most) is www.envirofone.com

4. Ian Sargent

Title

".....pay for 39,000 nurses, or to buy the entire Chelsea football squad nearly four times over,...."

Hmmmm, 39,000 nurses or 44 footballers - that really puts "Value For Money" into perspective doesn't it?

5. adnim

@Ian Sargent

I was satirically amused at your comment, It seems to also put our consumer society into perspective...... For we allow this insane disparity.

6. Julian Shaw

Did this last year

This is certainly not a new thing. Last year I cleared out all of my old phones from 'the draw' you know the one which you put all of your old phones, just incase your current one breaks and then your back up breaks and your backup's backup breaks and so on (why I felt the need to hoard so many ancient mobiles I don't know) anyway to cut a long tedious story short I had a search around the internet to see if I could get anything for them, found envirofone (www.envirofone.com) sent the phones off and received a cheque for around £30 in return. As Mike says the service was very good and they buy your phone from you for a very fair price.

7. Stuart Tomlinson

landfill

Our Vodafone rep told us all the useless stuff ended up in a landfill :(

.....In France :D

So its all win-win really

8. Chris

Chelsea's *squad* not team

Which is nearer to 100 players. Now you have to admit that is much better value for money ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like