back to article NASA: Space station computer sabotaged

NASA officials revealed last night that a computer destined to become part of the International Space Station had been intentionally sabotaged. Space officials announced that NASA had been alerted to the possible sabotage early last week by an unnamed subcontracting company. An employee of the company had apparently …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ross Fleming

CMM Level 5?

Doesn't NASA have CMM Level 5 status? Seems to me that it would never have got through quality checks etc before it made it into the boot of a shuttle and that it isn't really a big deal. Except for the fact there's some disgruntled employee in a supplier company, let's face it, who's never met one of them before?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What means CMM level 5?

Once I had to deal with a software company which was CMM level 5 certified (not going to mention its indian name). They fixed an error in a release and in the next but one the same error appeared again. Not only once.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Verification & Validation Test Plan, page 312: "Wires Cut By Fat-Finger Saboteur"

"Seems to me that it would never have got through quality checks etc"

That's what they are saying.

...don't ever do space shit, you will croak with all the Product Assurance and Quality Assurance going on. It's frightful.

4. Colin Jackson

Tarnation!

And he'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those darned geeks!

5. amanfromMars Silver badge

Houston, have we a Solution to a Pressing Problem? :-)

"...don't ever do space shit, you will croak with all the Product Assurance and Quality Assurance going on. It's frightful."

I suppose the only successful criteria for Earth mode in Product Assurance and Quality Assurance is that you are comfortable and au fait with the finer and deeper points of being Spaced Out for accurate Earth Simulations for Flight Conversion Units.

One can certainly then understand the overload symptoms and environmental hazards more likely to be encountered by aspirant space cadets...... and it would also be of an assist whenever pioneers go off the rails in such a`MKd sexually-charged fashion.

QuITe obviously there is an AVID Need for some Control Input in what is the predominant Human Drive Factor.

Hmmmm .... AVID Need sounds refreshingly like Desire.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Suspect Line Up

They probably won't have to look far for the culprit. It's probably one of those drunken astronuts who got miffed that Nasa won't let him take his hip flask on the next mission.....

7. Jorge Olguin Avalos

It is becoming the everyday kind of situations...

Little by Little, it is like the movies (like the one with uma thurman, I don't remember the english name, as the spanish name won't do any help). the space travel is becoming a every day situation, like the cars today... you read in the newspapers every day about drunk drivers, you see that nasty folks that throw cans out of the windows(lately was a news about throwing something out of a spaceship), you see broken cars on the side of highways(this news), bedroom troubles originated on the ships... what's next? tokio drift on the sky? spaceships that run out of gas just to flirt with the blonde? "Cheaters" on the ships? Hope we live to see...

This topic is closed for new posts.