back to article Microsoft in ads deal with Digg.com

Microsoft and news sharing site Digg have signed a three-year deal that will see the software giant manage advertising on Digg.com. The text-based Google advertising that currently appears on Digg is due to be replaced in the coming weeks. Digg says it gets over 17 million unique monthly visitors. "As the Digg audience …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Adblock ahoy!

Oh well. I appears that it is definitely time to put Adblock for Firefox on my Linux box. I have it on my work machines but have never bothered for home but since that is where I visit Digg it is now a must. There is no way in Hades that I am going to help Microsoft make money, if it is just minor amounts through advertisements!

2. Rob

What ads?

That seems a bit fruitless these days when adblock catches pretty much everything, The web's one of the few places in the world you can actually get away from ads these days. (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865)

Although the google text ads are not so intrusive as to make me go to the effort of blocking/removing them, what's the bet that MS is going to go more for the flashy flash epilepsy inducing type of ad..

3. Daniel Ballado-Torres

Gaah!!

"The five games - mostly popular US sports titles - are Madden NFL 08, Nascar 08, NHL 08, skateboarding game Skate, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08."

Ow, if those are the top 5 games for EA, no wonder most of their games are crap now. Gone are the days of Wing Commander, Crusader: No Remorse et al. Looks like EA and its subsidiaries are now cranking up "crap games from crap movies" or slapping 06, 07, 08 on the same damn stupid "sport" games and re-selling them full price.

As for ads, oh well, that only means I'll have to add some more sites to my proxy ;)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Terrible news for foss lovers

This is terrible news for the linus/foss lovers who went to digg.

I have been seeing more and more pro foss article getting pulled from the homepage in the past six months. And over the past years the MS fanboys (I still don't understand why there are such people) have been gathering in increasing numbers. But at least there is http://www.fsdaily.com which is digg-style site just for foss/linux news and articles. fsdaily will never sell out to MS.

This topic is closed for new posts.