back to article Sony Ericsson shows shake-to-shuffle Walkman phone

Sony Ericsson's been busy, busy, busy this week: in addition to announcing an upgraded Cyber-shot camera phone, it debuted a pair of new Walkman music phones - once controlled simply by shaking, rattling or rolling it. Sony Ericsson Walkman 910 Sony Ericsson's W910: shake it up The W910 has the flick-of-the-wrist control …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Tim

Worthy successors, until...

The 960 looks like a worthy successor to my 950 - a great phone, and introducing WLAN, camera and upgraded memory is great. Then they'll give to Orange who'll slap their own software on it and ruin the damn thing...

Jogging?

Go for a jog, it changes tracks with each step.

Trip while walking around the office, shuffle your carefully crafted playlist.

Thank you, but I already have enough trouble with my laptop (you know, the kind you turn upside down and shake to reboot).

Anonymous Coward

Re: Jogging

Jeremiah, I think you missed the text "Select its Shake option...".

It obviously optional functionality that you can turn on/off depending on when you are running or not. Besides, I would imagine they had thought of that too so it probably takes a more vigorous shake to shuffle than a little trip.

Nope

The shake to control seems like a solution in search of a problem to me. Whilst I applaud the engineering design that went in to it I suspect that it is a 'cool' feature that wont be seen elsewhere

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017