back to article War Museum to stage camouflage expo

London's Imperial War Museum (IWM) opens a major exhibition titled "Camouflage" today, which will run until November. According to curators, this will be "the first major exhibition to explore the story of the development of military camouflage and its adoption into popular culture from the First World War to the present day …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Into battle with the Art of Noise

As the world urbanises, there will be less call for outdoors camouflage. Future wars will be fought on the streets of cities such as Birmingham and Huddersfield (for example - perhaps the residents might have a block war). Soldiers will need to blend with the urban environment, either with the furniture of cities such as postboxes and benches, or the people themselves.

I envisage the soldier of to-morrow going into battle with Cayman shoes, miniature jackets, tiny handbags etc. They would not have to disguise their guns, because city folk already have guns. Soldiers already use mobile phones to communicate, nothing will have to change there. I envisage a special kit that can transform a CVR Scimitar into a passable imitation of a Toyota RAV-4. Land Rovers will remain the same, but they will be much cleaner, so as not to stand out from typical urban Land Rovers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nah...

I can't see it myself.

This topic is closed for new posts.