back to article Stiffening at last, ICANN threatens Registerfly with legal action

ICANN has finally firmed up in its battle with troublesome domain registrar Registerfly and looks ready to battle the company in court. In a letter from its powerhouse attorneys at Jones Day, ICANN accuses Registerfly of willfully refusing to comply with an accreditation audit as mandated in its Registrar Accreditation …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ICANN not do anything

Its is very much overdue that ICANN get involved in overseeing the Registrars that they appoint as for too long now a number of Registrars have ignored all the rules in order to line their own pockets at the expense of the public. What I speak of particularly is the "theft" of domain names from the public pool that they then sell off themselves. What some registrars are doing is instead of letting domains expire is changing the details to their own or an associate company's and then selling them off. That surely is not in compliance with ICANN rules but they know that they can get away with it.

Let us hope that the RegisterFly episode is not just a one off and then ICANN go back to doing nothing. It is time for ICANN to take a much more active role as they should have done years ago.

AS

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Successfully Transfered Away from RegisterFly

I personally have been a victim of the RegisterFly (RF) debacle. My company spent weeks attempting to recover our domain, eventually we were able to pry our domain away. Our company is happy to have switched our domain to DownDoggy.com

Specifically we had problems obtaining the authcode. We understand that RF has started releasing the authcodes recently.

Good luck to anyone still stuck with RF.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like