back to article How can you relieve mobile device frustration?

It seems like we struck a nerve with the recent mobile workshop article on email devices. With other subjects, such as security and push email, there has been a discussion around the various approaches and their pros and cons, but on the device front it seems that there is a high degree of frustration. Reading through the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The faithful 6310i

So why has the 6310i survived so successfully for so long?

One reason is the sizeable installed base of CARK-91 handsfree car kits, and the fact that the 6310i appeared to be the last in a line of phones that fitted it. However - this may be about to change. According to nokia.co.uk, the list of compatible phones for the CARK-91 now includes a new phone, the 6151, which is billed as "coming soon". At first glance this phone looks quite well featured, with colour screen, 1.3 megapixel camera, music player, FM radio, and most of the features we now expect on a phone, whilst having a conservative appearance and manageable size.

My wife and I still have a trusty 6310i each, mainly due to the fact that all three cars in our household have a CARK-91 car kit fitted, but I am considering upgrading us both to the 6151 when it arrives. Will this be the phone that finally knocks the 6310i off its perch?

Will El Reg be reviewing this important phone some time soon?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Long live the 6310i

There are lots of reasons for the longevity of the 6310i, and for me one of them is the lack of extra goodies. The phone does everything a phone should do, without becoming a toy. I want a camera? I've got a digital camera for that. I want to play some music? I've got a walkman, personal stereo and hifi for that? I want to make a phonecall? I've got, hey, a phone for that.

Just some of the reasons why I've still got 2 new 6310i's - each with a spare brand-new battery stored safely away, in addition to the one I have in daily use. I don't see them being replaced anytime soon.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like