back to article A walk on the Dark side

Here at Hull we've been working away on our Imagine Cup entry, a system that can provide a personal history for patients in Intensive Care Units (ICUs). All relevant information – be it from doctors, friends or family members – can be accumulated against a timeline and accessed by the patient when they are sufficiently conscious …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. markmcbreen@hotmail.com

Video diaries

A video camera setup on a tripod could capture the pathos and provide a dramatic reference point for patient improvement. Dig out your forgotten infrared remote for the camera. Narrating can be done on the fly or supplemented with the written diary (but voice narrative would provide inflections). Later it can be edited or even inspire an interest in further video applications.

2. Peter Rose

Our experiances

I run a software development business, my son who is 28 years old, is a web developer ( UI designer) in the business.

In August 2005 he was struck down with meningitus and was in ICU for 5 weeks and on a ward awaiting rehab for a further 2 months.

He has now left rehab (April 2006), after a fast track rehab, and is begining to get back to work, although with some consiferable level of impairment in speach and speed of thinking, although improving all the time.

We spent as much time with him as we could whilst he was in ICU and on the ward, we provided considerable amounts of memorabilia , in the form of photo's and his favourite music etc.

I would be interested in having further information about this project.

Peter Rose

This topic is closed for new posts.