1 post • joined 15 Sep 2007
Folks, if anyone is really into efficient virtualization, then just say no to Ubuntu and VMware: ALT Linux 4.0 Server includes both OpenVZ-enabled kernel and management tools, and the basic image which is really "just enough" is 22M archived, 64M deployed.
Then one has apt-get to install any packages that are needed on that particular virtual appliance, or if there are many of them to deploy, there's "spt" tool to prepare custom "template cache" tarball with all the required packages already included.
See for yourself:
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't