1 post • joined 12 Sep 2007
** Cool but ...
On a whole series of assumptions: Other than irritation, what would be the point?
No access to be gained: I assume the vein patterns are stored within the computer, not the mouse. (Storing the patterns in the mouse itself would be a Very Bad Idea.).
Within a company-setting, a replacement mouse could be hooked up and everything is as before.
No use for it: I assume that the mouse requires special software to function. The mouse alone would not help.
The one question that I had is why the blood has to be flowing in order for the vein patterns to be checked. Since the scan light is near infra-red, does this have to do with the warmth in the blood? (useless than with most vice presidents) Or is there a type of doppler measurement going on?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Pic 7 Amazing Experiments on NASA's 2020 Mars Rover – Including Oxygen Generation
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs