2 posts • joined 11 Sep 2007
Resources still pale in comparison to os virtualization which is what we will be using instead of behemoth hypervisor hogs. Yes you are limited to one OS, but some corps cannot afford otherwise. With Windows Datacenter offering unlimited instances of VMs, it's a very appealing offer.
Begs the question
So what happened to the mgmt crud?! How are we to manage it now? Some funky client we have to load, web interface?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide