1 post • joined 11 Sep 2007
But removed other features...
The new maps program is excellent on the N95 apart from one feature which they have removed.
On the old version, you could plan a route then simply turn on 'Start Tracking', this would keep the GPS locked on you so you could use it to find your way around WITHOUT the voice navigation, handy to find certain roads. The voice navigation would still be required for longer trips to avoid getting lost.
On the new version, the 'Start Tracking' has been removed and therefore making navigation on foot absolutely impossible. I don't understand how they can sell a phone for its features then remove them as they see fit!
If you haven't upgraded yet... don't until its fixed!!!
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE