1 post • joined Tuesday 11th September 2007 15:55 GMT
But removed other features...
The new maps program is excellent on the N95 apart from one feature which they have removed.
On the old version, you could plan a route then simply turn on 'Start Tracking', this would keep the GPS locked on you so you could use it to find your way around WITHOUT the voice navigation, handy to find certain roads. The voice navigation would still be required for longer trips to avoid getting lost.
On the new version, the 'Start Tracking' has been removed and therefore making navigation on foot absolutely impossible. I don't understand how they can sell a phone for its features then remove them as they see fit!
If you haven't upgraded yet... don't until its fixed!!!
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew