3 posts • joined 11 Sep 2007
It's worth noting that the translator of TGWTTDT, Steven T. Murray, was so enamoured with how his translation was "revised" by the editor at the publishing house, he eventually persuaded the publisher to release the translation under the nom de plume "Reg Keeland". Apparently the screenplay for the forthcoming Hollywood version starring Daniel Craig is more closely based on Steve's original, unedited, translation, removing some of the idiosyncrasies of the book translation.
Pity the translators...
One of the largest translation companies in the UK, RWS, expects to take a £1million hit from the "London Agreement". RWS reckons that doesn't really matter too much since its annual turnover is around £48million, but tell that to the French & German> English patent translators who have to reskill in another area of translation as nearly all of their potential work gets wiped out.
Of course, the only music really worth seeing on You Tube
is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z6tDSb6c8
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND