2 posts • joined 20 Feb 2007
Why not a curved BACK?
It would nestle rather nicely in your palm.
re: Which cross-country technique ?
Based on the description and my experience as a former ski racer, it's the first technique: also called "classic" skiing. It is NOT the second technique (skating). When classic skiiing you shift all your weight to one leg and kick it backwards, finishing on the toe. On the moon, this push down and kick back would throw you into the air and forward. A "skating" astronaut would move from side-to-side more than he would move forward.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs