7 posts • joined Monday 19th February 2007 16:01 GMT
Re: Some way from Star Trek...
Not quite "beyond the laws of physics as we know them" as everything has associate wave length and can, in theory, be reflected, refracted and so on, be it subatomic, microscopic or macroscopic scale. Far far beyond our ability of course, but not in breach of any law of physics.
This is a small victory for free speech and free enterprise. All restriction on advertising are, at heart, a breach of civil liberties. Parents should be responsible enough to teach their children not to believe or buy into any advert they see and strong enough not to buy everything their kids ask for while adults should be free to make their own choices. The nanny state is the first step on a dangerous, authoritarian path.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court