1 post • joined 7 Sep 2007
Re: Quad in a laptop?
Well, for me the use of the laptop is different now. I no longer have a workstation at work because that is simply too loud, big and ultimately syncing with my mobile devices takes some resources. Nor do I need anymore a separate windows box for nasty office stuff. I only have a T60p which is used for development, testing and application benchmarking at work - all under Linux of course. Being a Core 2 Duo, Win XP in VMWare is incredibly responsive, so I can also do all my nasty powerpoint duties on the same machine. But of course, I always have the e-mail with me and when I don't need all the extra power, I can turn-off a core and have longer battery life while on the road or at home. In the end, no need to sync between multiple computers, so my life is much easier.
What I am saying is that these fast new CPUs for me changed the way that I use computers, as now I can do all on the same machine. I can't wait for the quads!
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins