4 posts • joined 6 Sep 2007
6.7s BMW 325i. It gets 35mpg highway.
I bought the 325 because it gets better mileage than my older 540i AND performs well. A Honda Civic would get better mileage but I'm not going to sacrifice that much.
I suspect people won't buy many of these "Eco" cars until they quit being terrible to drive.
@150 BUCKS A SET OF FLOOR MATS?!?!? WTF?!?!
BMW floor mats are $130. So, as long as Tesla floor mats last a couple years and have a logo $150 seems just fine.
@ Ian Moffatt
Well, the Hobbit starts with Bilbo at the respectable age of 50 (maybe 50+, but I think 50). The farewell party at the beginning of the Fellowship is Bilbo's eleventy-first (111) birthday. So, I think that is the 60 years they're talking about.
Why, yes; I am a sad nerd who has read the series a few times.
Tivo vs Apple
I just don't care if Unbox works with any Apple products, you see I've got a Tivo. Being able to download a show or movie from the couch and watching it on the TV is a bit more pleasant than matching a show on the iPhone.
If bandwidth were a bit better and I could watch while downloading, Amazon really would be the ultimate in convenience. It still beats iTunes by a healthy bit.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great