2 posts • joined 15 Feb 2007
to anonymous john
actually John 99% of wi-fi gear which includes routers and especially the Wii do NOT turn off wi-fi. Instead they disable the receive part of wi-fi (because they have lame programmers and it's easier to do so!)
The Wii for example uses the same output power when in standby mode as it does when enabled, but in it uses about 5 to 10% less when disabled. I had discussions with Nintendo last year about this and they refused to do anything about it.
While this wastes large amounts of electricity, people waste even more by leaving it on all the time, even when they are in bed, in work, or on holiday and it is not even needed!
As an alternative why not try Homeplug 200 adapters which can handle 2 simultaneous streams of HD video easily, are not affected by your neighbours and usually not other equipment either?
a number of phones removed from list
I guess there must be some problems with certain phones as the list has been reduced to about a third of it's original length.
All the Windows phones seemed to have been removed for now apart from the Generic Windows Mobile version.
Once they have most of the bugs sorted out it should be a great little app for us all, and a great little incentive for buying Nokia.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM