1 post • joined 31 Aug 2007
Didn't they plan before building?
>Only after that did they learn the network wasn't likely to reach dwellings >above the third-story level or those that were a fair distance from the >sidewalk, where light poles hosting access-point antennas were located.
So, did Earthlink really expect to be able to run a real world network by just littering the place with access points? Basic radio planning and verification techniques would've brought this to light almost straight away.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it