1 post • joined Friday 31st August 2007 11:48 GMT
Didn't they plan before building?
>Only after that did they learn the network wasn't likely to reach dwellings >above the third-story level or those that were a fair distance from the >sidewalk, where light poles hosting access-point antennas were located.
So, did Earthlink really expect to be able to run a real world network by just littering the place with access points? Basic radio planning and verification techniques would've brought this to light almost straight away.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene