3 posts • joined 31 Aug 2007
Re: Sweden is the 52nd state?
Well, the site was hosted on servers located in Texas...
SIS has burnt them self....
It's quite interesting to see how SIS manage to make a totally mess of this ballot since it's an organisation that publish literature and other material regarding ISO and by that works with quality systems. They even have consultants to help companies with implementation, but they can clearly not count well enough!
There is a partly translated press release here:
The Swedish OOXML vote has been declared invalid!
The Swedish Standards Institute has last night issued a press release where they declared this weeks earlier vote regarding OOXML as invalid and by that Sweden don't have any official position regarding OOXML any more.
According to the press release issued by SIS tonight (the pdf document is created 18:05 CET) the SIS board has declared this weeks earlier OOXML vote as invalid due to that one of the participating companies has voted two times where the SIS rules clearly says that each company can only cast one vote each.
Microsoft had 3 persons to represent them at the SIS meeting and it looks like that Microsoft was the one to voted two times.
Due to this and since it's highly unlikely that SIS will be able to organise a new vote before the 2nd September, Sweden will then not participate in the international vote regarding OOXML.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base