3 posts • joined 31 Aug 2007
Re: Sweden is the 52nd state?
Well, the site was hosted on servers located in Texas...
SIS has burnt them self....
It's quite interesting to see how SIS manage to make a totally mess of this ballot since it's an organisation that publish literature and other material regarding ISO and by that works with quality systems. They even have consultants to help companies with implementation, but they can clearly not count well enough!
There is a partly translated press release here:
The Swedish OOXML vote has been declared invalid!
The Swedish Standards Institute has last night issued a press release where they declared this weeks earlier vote regarding OOXML as invalid and by that Sweden don't have any official position regarding OOXML any more.
According to the press release issued by SIS tonight (the pdf document is created 18:05 CET) the SIS board has declared this weeks earlier OOXML vote as invalid due to that one of the participating companies has voted two times where the SIS rules clearly says that each company can only cast one vote each.
Microsoft had 3 persons to represent them at the SIS meeting and it looks like that Microsoft was the one to voted two times.
Due to this and since it's highly unlikely that SIS will be able to organise a new vote before the 2nd September, Sweden will then not participate in the international vote regarding OOXML.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe