4 posts • joined 31 Aug 2007
Northern Ireland effect
Deja Vu, happened regularly - period up - factory closed - contents move to lower cost country.
Separate Infrastructure from Sales - excellent - BT should take notice
Seperation will result in better competition not less as the infrastructure should allow direct wholesale access from other operators without digging up so many roads. All this without Offcom's forced conversion of BT Operreach to OpenAccess.
Only a matter of time
Once TomTom bought Navteq's little brother (TeleAtlas) it was wait and see who had deeper pockets, 2008 onwards the competition will be Nokia V TomTom. I wonder how long it will be before Nokia buys Garmin?
Wi-Fi / Wi-Max The Lemming Approach
To use a wide area approach requires a non line of sight approach and at a frequency that allows entry to buildings, I've been involved for the last 3 years supplying the Tier 1 backhaul for the i-Burst project in Belfast and tested a usable link at 12kms in a hotel bedroom, set in a hollow behind trees. It just works, hotel room or in-car wherever. Because it uses PDSN it allows both billing and easy cell transfer. System Software currently allows a real 2Mb download with 8Mb in development. The aerial is a 2cm flip on a PC card, personally I would leave the lamp posts for the dogs.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.