2 posts • joined 31 Aug 2007
Invented (but never used) by Finns
The surströmming was actually invented by Finns, at the time of Swedish rule.
The Finns had to pay tax to the Crown. One part of it was fish. When it was time to deliver they chose the containers that had gone bad (otherwise they'd have to eat it themselves).
And for some peculiar reason Swedes chose this as a delicacy. Beats me!
What about a loan?
If you know you need extra money why not get a loan?
Banks are crazy to let the students overdraft at all.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- New Snapchat Snapcash service inspires amateur PORN STARS