2 posts • joined 31 Aug 2007
Invented (but never used) by Finns
The surströmming was actually invented by Finns, at the time of Swedish rule.
The Finns had to pay tax to the Crown. One part of it was fish. When it was time to deliver they chose the containers that had gone bad (otherwise they'd have to eat it themselves).
And for some peculiar reason Swedes chose this as a delicacy. Beats me!
What about a loan?
If you know you need extra money why not get a loan?
Banks are crazy to let the students overdraft at all.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE