2 posts • joined 31 Aug 2007
Invented (but never used) by Finns
The surströmming was actually invented by Finns, at the time of Swedish rule.
The Finns had to pay tax to the Crown. One part of it was fish. When it was time to deliver they chose the containers that had gone bad (otherwise they'd have to eat it themselves).
And for some peculiar reason Swedes chose this as a delicacy. Beats me!
What about a loan?
If you know you need extra money why not get a loan?
Banks are crazy to let the students overdraft at all.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook