1 post • joined 23 Aug 2007
Who picks the codes
Of course the article was just a brilliant piece, to prove that The Register sometimes can also be ridiculous intentionally. However, as some hinted, it's the case to remind that ICANN does not pick the 2-letter code, nor does the country itself (at least during the domain name delegation procedure). ISO does. Codes usually follow official country names as far as possible, hence the K for Korea and the P for Popular.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp