1 post • joined 21 Aug 2007
Pencil & Paper works for us
Here in Australia we still use handwritten paper ballots, and nobody ever seems to allege fraud - i.e; they are highly trusted.
Of course we've heard of famous cases where ballots for one candidate were found stuffed up a water spout - 50 years ago!
We allow all parties to have a scrutineer at every polling place to observe and/or object to procedures, and this seems to work well.
Electronic machines are being trialled for a batch of disabled people, to see what happens, but this is not using Diebold or ESS or Sequoia, but our own homebrew that produces an audit trail.
The result will be interesting, as we are due a Federal Election at the end of this year.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)