1 post • joined 21 Aug 2007
Pencil & Paper works for us
Here in Australia we still use handwritten paper ballots, and nobody ever seems to allege fraud - i.e; they are highly trusted.
Of course we've heard of famous cases where ballots for one candidate were found stuffed up a water spout - 50 years ago!
We allow all parties to have a scrutineer at every polling place to observe and/or object to procedures, and this seems to work well.
Electronic machines are being trialled for a batch of disabled people, to see what happens, but this is not using Diebold or ESS or Sequoia, but our own homebrew that produces an audit trail.
The result will be interesting, as we are due a Federal Election at the end of this year.
- iPad is an iFAD: Now we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball