3 posts • joined Monday 20th August 2007 18:32 GMT
So Long, CompUSA
The CompUSA store that closed here a while back was the best computer store in this city, the only big retail computer store of it's type, and thus the best by default. I was sad to see it go.
I always liked to pronounced it "Comp-ooh-sah!", which sounded sort of Japanese to me, just for fun.
What does this mean for Second Life?
Second Life users have been waiting for years for an upgrade of the Havoc system used on Second Life servers.
What effect if any will this have on Linden Lab's Second Life virtual world upgrade plans?
Implications of mega-core processors for virtual world processing needs?
What are the implications of these mega-core processors for virtual world platform providers such as Linden Research (aka Linden Lab), maker of the popular virtual world Second Life?
Would Linden Lab be able to run a one simulator region per core and have region border crossings work seamlessly since the regions are running on the same processor and thus able to talk to each other much more efficiently than they would if the processors they are running on are located in seperate servers?
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job