6 posts • joined 18 Aug 2007
Sounds like a cop-out
What it sounds like is the EU is using the US to do what they can't legally do. I would be surprised if the US did not send data it found in one of it's searches to EU members to use.
This is kind of like the US running surveillance on UK subjects (without a court order of course) when the UK security agencies can't run the same operation and then providing the information to the UK.
DEC/Compaq did it on the Alpha before IBM
The OpenVMS/Tru64 crowd was able to do this even earlier.
How do you pay your fee?
Credit card? Who'd be stupid enough?
Give him an ASBO...
What jurisdiction is 2nd life in?
Who hires and pays the v-cops?
Who's laws do they enforce? British? US? EC? French? Mongolian? Roman?
If your convicted of v-crime. Do you do time in a v-prison? Do you pay a fine in v-money?
Is Triesman going to get a v-brain transplant?
Forget that last one, his brain already is virtual.
Let's All Jump On The Band Wagon...
And While We Do That We Can Ask How Much This Green-ness Is Going To Cost Consumers... Wait! I ThInK It WiLl LoOk BeTtEr If We AlSo CaPiTaLiZe EvErY OtHeR LeTtEr!
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching
- 'New Stuxnet': Government-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON 'Regin' described
- The next big thing in medical science: POO TRANSPLANTS