6 posts • joined Saturday 18th August 2007 02:03 GMT
Sounds like a cop-out
What it sounds like is the EU is using the US to do what they can't legally do. I would be surprised if the US did not send data it found in one of it's searches to EU members to use.
This is kind of like the US running surveillance on UK subjects (without a court order of course) when the UK security agencies can't run the same operation and then providing the information to the UK.
How do you pay your fee?
Credit card? Who'd be stupid enough?
What jurisdiction is 2nd life in?
Who hires and pays the v-cops?
Who's laws do they enforce? British? US? EC? French? Mongolian? Roman?
If your convicted of v-crime. Do you do time in a v-prison? Do you pay a fine in v-money?
Is Triesman going to get a v-brain transplant?
Forget that last one, his brain already is virtual.
Let's All Jump On The Band Wagon...
And While We Do That We Can Ask How Much This Green-ness Is Going To Cost Consumers... Wait! I ThInK It WiLl LoOk BeTtEr If We AlSo CaPiTaLiZe EvErY OtHeR LeTtEr!
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action