1 post • joined 16 Aug 2007
voltage and power law
This test was a prototype using 1000 volts across a 1cm gap.
If the requisite voltage follows an inverse square law, the hoped-for 1 micron gap would need only 10 volts.
My thanks to The Register for actually reading the research paper and providing the experimental conditions that were absent from the Purdue press release.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes