1 post • joined Thursday 16th August 2007 15:23 GMT
voltage and power law
This test was a prototype using 1000 volts across a 1cm gap.
If the requisite voltage follows an inverse square law, the hoped-for 1 micron gap would need only 10 volts.
My thanks to The Register for actually reading the research paper and providing the experimental conditions that were absent from the Purdue press release.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire