1 post • joined 16 Aug 2007
voltage and power law
This test was a prototype using 1000 volts across a 1cm gap.
If the requisite voltage follows an inverse square law, the hoped-for 1 micron gap would need only 10 volts.
My thanks to The Register for actually reading the research paper and providing the experimental conditions that were absent from the Purdue press release.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs