1 post • joined 15 Aug 2007
Nokia Battery Recall problem?
I used the Nokia battery recall check web page http://www.nokia.com/batteryreplacement/en/ and typed in my 26 digit serial number and luckily all was ok. I doubled checked the digits and they seemed to be correct but if I type a random 26 digit code in or change for example a "0" (zero) to an "O" (letter O) or a "1" (number 1) to a "l" (letter L) it still says all is ok. Surely this could mean people with faulty batteries could miss type their number and it would say all is ok. Shouldn't a check be performed on the 26 digit number to ensure the correct format or customers could have potentially defect batteries and not know it!!!
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes