2 posts • joined 9 Feb 2007
Norwegian banks have a common BankID scheme that's used for Verified by Visa.
The confirmation page runs a Java applet that first requires you to enter you personal ID no. (Norwegian equivalent of social security no.), and the prompts you for a 6-digit code from an electronic code generator and a personal password.
You use the same method to log on to your net bank, and requires another verification whenever you try to either pay something via the net bank or transfer money out of your account.
With this scheme, for a transaction to be completed, you need:
a) Your visa number.
b) Your verification code.
c) Your ID number.
d) A one-time code that can only be had if you physically posess the key generator.
e) Your personal password.
It works pretty well, and even works on a mac...
There's no substitute for a dirty mind
It seems like there's a lot of dirty model railway figurines to be had.
I had a look at the maker Noch's website (www.noch.de), and if you take a look at the "Figuren und Ausschmückungen" section, there's quite a few laughs to be had... Hint: Look closely at the figures section...
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars