4 posts • joined 13 May 2006
Oh, the irony
The word "robot" is a Czech invention.
And Czech translation agencies do have a less than stellar reputation.
They should stick to pornstars and beer, they're good at that.
Well, time for some Staropramen and a chat with Mrs. Palm and her five lovely daughters.
Sounds like poetry
I localize IBM software for a living. Compared to their documentation, this pricing scheme seems like the pinnacle of logic. And compared to their localization software, it sounds not just user-friendly, but actually will-give-user-a-bl**job-frinedly.
Works fine on OS X ...
... but all those lovely new security holes certainly sound like fun :)
It's a load of b*llocks, really. Sure, zinc is not organic. Zinc fingers, however, are very much so. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_finger for a rare case of Wikipedia being quite useful and accurate.)
You cannot equate organic with living, and inorganic with non-living. A bottle of alcohol is very much organic, but not alive, unless you drink half of it and get into a funny mood.
Of course, there are dead parts of the body, like hair and nails, but then again, that is nearly pure protein (keratin, to be precise), which is of course an organic compund.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2