4 posts • joined 9 Aug 2007
Not completely sure on this point, but afaik isn't Google Gears using a SQLite backend - i.e. there is never a question of file storage nor of executable content- it's a normal relational database.
Not really a comment... just I think the title is misleading as it gave me the impression Steve Jobs said they'd build 4 Googles.
What about exported iPhones?
Yes, it's nice and all to ship that many in the US market, but what about the proportion of which that has been moved overseas - I suspect the US market figures would be lower when considering the number of handsets exported.
Just got the model up
Don't know if it's any cheaper for you UK-fellows, but in Australia I ordered the Sony VGN-TZ90 from Japan. It's the model up; and the performance is notably better for simple processing tasks;
- 2GB ram standard
- 32GB SSD HDD
- Wireless a/b/g/n
And with the extended battery (quoted 18hr, haven't had time to test that yet); it's quite an amazing thing to use. As for people above comparing to the TX- core 2 duo isn't a faster clock speed, but does result in faster performance for myself (running linux tho; kernel-level stuff on one core, user apps on the other...)
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- CIA snoops snooped on Senate to spy spy torture report – report