1 post • joined 8 Aug 2007
As far as I'm aware, Oyster's aren't ted to individuals until you sign up for a season ticket on them, which seems to be anything longer than a week travel card. Just buying a card and using cash pre-pay top ups should be anonymous (although the card itself can still be tracked). I'm not sure how easy it is to tie a card to a person if you buy it by switch or credit card or similar without signing up for a season ticket though.
Been thinking about some sort of Oyster exchange pool where people top up a card to a pre-set amount then you all put them in a pool once a week and take a lucky dip for a new card. Or could just pony up the extra £3 a week for a new card I guess.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON