1 post • joined 8 Aug 2007
RE: data storage
If the generation of the 200Gb of data was performed over 1 week at a constant rate, they'd need around a 5Mbit/s connection to be able to back it up to a remotely hosted SAN. If it was just within working hours, you'd be looking at around 20Mbit/s
It doesn't seem that unviable... bearing in mind that "Big Science"(tm) has pretty deep pockets.
I'd guess that they'd have an alternative site for something like this - how would you explain to the big boss how you'd lost *everything* in the event of a major incident?
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market