1 post • joined 8 Aug 2007
RE: data storage
If the generation of the 200Gb of data was performed over 1 week at a constant rate, they'd need around a 5Mbit/s connection to be able to back it up to a remotely hosted SAN. If it was just within working hours, you'd be looking at around 20Mbit/s
It doesn't seem that unviable... bearing in mind that "Big Science"(tm) has pretty deep pockets.
I'd guess that they'd have an alternative site for something like this - how would you explain to the big boss how you'd lost *everything* in the event of a major incident?
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked