1 post • joined 8 Aug 2007
RE: data storage
If the generation of the 200Gb of data was performed over 1 week at a constant rate, they'd need around a 5Mbit/s connection to be able to back it up to a remotely hosted SAN. If it was just within working hours, you'd be looking at around 20Mbit/s
It doesn't seem that unviable... bearing in mind that "Big Science"(tm) has pretty deep pockets.
I'd guess that they'd have an alternative site for something like this - how would you explain to the big boss how you'd lost *everything* in the event of a major incident?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip