1 post • joined 8 Aug 2007
I was not involved -- Prof. Rose
Thank you for this: "Professor I. Nelson Rose, the preeminent authority on internet gambling law, remarked that he thought more progress would be made at the local level rather than the federal level. He also speculated that California might be one of the first states to reform its laws covering online poker – we can only assume that he was somehow involved with the drafting of this proposed law."
But, I was not involved. I first heard about this from a reporter.
I have been talking since the UIGEA passed with card club owners in California who want to legalize intra-state online poker. But, there are many political problems to be worked out.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'