5 posts • joined 7 Aug 2007
Yay for Blakes 7
Paris coz no one would want to do her twice
Thats a rather negative point of view, do you also want to ban comp lessons in schools because that might increase the M$ market? I'd rather catch 'em young and then at least they'll know there is an alternative to the M$ pigopoly and can make an informed choice. If they choose M$ then so be it but at least they'll have the choice.
I have converted all my family and a few of my friends to Linux and only had one switch back because it was "too hard", the joke is he has had more probs with windows but is too stubborn to admit it.
Paris because like M$ I wont touch it with a 20 foot disinfected barge pole
I'd be happy if I got a consistant 1Mbs instead of the usual 250-750k and you lot are whinging about not getting the full 50Mbs
Stop 0xBE or ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
Sorry I can't return fire now going for full system reboot in
What is it with people and their knee jerk reactions to Suse?
Sure Novell signed a deal with the devil and they probably realise their mistake, but when GPL3 becomes more widespread perhaps it will have the reverse reaction.
Suse 10 and openSuse 10.2 are polished, stable, easy to install and use gnu/linux distros and on a par with Ubuntu and Fedora.
So stop the Novell/Suse knocking be grateful that another major manufacturer is installing gnu/linux so hopefully all distros will benefit from improved hardware support and customer awareness
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards