8 posts • joined 5 Feb 2007
that was a good laugh! well done, indeed. el reg rocks.
keep the .co.uk
like everyone said, keep the .co.uk to preserve the UK pride and presence.
i'm a big fan of El Reg from the states - going six years now; honestly, when you introduced .com, i decided to use it for convenience, but mind you .co.uk lets readers know the site is originated from Britain, made by Britain, written by Britain, for the world - not another muck-up news site from the states pretending to be true boffins.
however, i do agree us.theregister.co.uk seems a bit silly. is it us or uk? it might as well be theregister.co.uk/us
if for some odd reason you decide to make .com the primary site, might i warn you, you may find El Reg merch selling on eBay with auction titles like "Authentic, original El Reg Hat, w/ .co.uk embroidered in the back. Made by Britain"
Game is not the show
I like the show, but not the game.
Don't waste your money!
Too bad, I can't read German
It also seems like I need to create a new account in amazon.de. I guess I will wait until Nintendo fixes the supply to meet the demand. I sure waited over 4 months now, another 4 months shouldn't be a problem...
Fusion now in Beta 3 (option disable debugging code)
Had this preview been released after the weekend, the author would have taken advantage of the new Beta release.
New features and feature improvements
* Greatly improved performance — By popular demand, you can now disable debugging code to experience the full power and performance that VMware Fusion offers for running your favorite PC applications.
* Support for Boot Camp — VMware Fusion automatically detects your Boot Camp partition, so you can now run a Windows XP virtual machine from your existing Boot Camp partition. You no longer have to choose Windows or Mac: you can now run Windows side-by-side with your favorite Mac applications. Note: For this Beta 3 release, Windows Vista is not supported; only Windows XP is supported.
* Windows Easy Install — You want to run Windows applications, but you don't want to become a guru just to install Windows. VMware Fusion has you covered; just answer a few simple questions, insert your Windows CD and let VMware Fusion take care of the rest and automatically create the optimal Windows virtual machine for your Mac, including the installation of VMware Tools.
* Virtual machine packages — Virtual machines are now encapsulated in a single, easy-to-manage package. Move your virtual machines to another hard drive or Mac simply by copying a file.
* Enhanced virtual machine creation — The entire virtual machine creation process has been streamlined, and the new Windows Easy Install feature makes creating a virtual machine even easier than before. The New Virtual Machine Assistant remembers the location you choose for future virtual machine creation.
* Enhanced virtual machine library — Managing multiple virtual machines is even easier with the Virtual Machine Library. Add new virtual machines by just dragging them into the Library, reorder virtual machines with drag and drop, and use the delete key on the Keyboard to remove virtual machines from the library. Open a Virtual Machine without powering it on, using the new Settings button, which opens a virtual machine directly to the Hardware Editor.
* Host-Only Networking — Host-Only networking creates a network that is completely contained within your Mac, with a network connection between the virtual machine and your Mac. Use host-only networking to set up an isolated virtual network.
* Improved suspend/shutdown state — When a virtual machine is suspended, VMware Fusion shows a screenshot of the last known state of the virtual machine and a friendly play button so you can get up and running again quickly.
* Improved hardware editor — Settings for virtual hardware are now complete: you can remove virtual hardware from the hardware editor when virtual machines are powered off.
* Improved international support — European and Japanese Apple keyboards now work properly in virtual machines.
Bugs Fixed in Beta 3
This Beta 3 release of VMware Fusion for Mac includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
* Improved networking performance — In some cases, networking in earlier beta versions was slow with single-processor virtual machines. VMware Fusion Beta 3 solves this problem and greatly improves performance in this case.
* Virtual networking no longer fills system logs — VMware Fusion Beta 2 wireless networking added many entries to the system log. This Beta 3 release resolves this issue.
In addition to the improvements listed above, this Beta 3 release fixes numerous bugs to greatly improve the stability and performance of VMware Fusion.
nearly double the price means double the speed?
i think not. this is hoping the quad cores will reduce in price.
MSDN2 : Server is too busy
While the author recorded MSDN-2to take 15-20 seconds to load, I simply get
"Server is too busy"
Some MS wiseacre DID a little spot of optimisation, indeed.
You mean women's universe record
I'm not sure if it should be called 'world' record. 'Universe' or 'solar-system' record is more accurate.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...