3 posts • joined Tuesday 31st July 2007 09:44 GMT
>>We're not ready to swallow either side of this story and >>believe that virtualization will have little impact on overall >>server purchases.
Hmmm, I think virtualisation is going to have an impact. For example, our company was thinking of buying 20 servers. However, after our investigation into VMWare and similar products we decided to only buy 8 servers. All of them run virtual machines and it seems to far better to maintain and to upgrade.
Maybe Sun needs to start dealing with VMWare and produce something that will improve their revenue and offer competitive products.
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- 'Big Data' analysis Think Amazon is CHEAP? Just take a look at these cloudy graphs...