2 posts • joined Wednesday 30th April 2008 20:36 GMT
BT and EDS in one week. Someone's got a hole in their pockets.
His ideal system would work as follows:
* Simple, fast and on-demand experience. "Make it work like the web," said Templeton.
* Device, network and application independence. "There should be a choice of the network and apps I'm using."
* Content security and access control. "And it has to be built-in, not glued on."
* Dynamic capacity: peak and off-peak. "Turn it up, turn it down."
* Predictable operating and capital costs.
Sounds like a Mainframe to me...
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle