2 posts • joined Wednesday 30th April 2008 20:36 GMT
BT and EDS in one week. Someone's got a hole in their pockets.
His ideal system would work as follows:
* Simple, fast and on-demand experience. "Make it work like the web," said Templeton.
* Device, network and application independence. "There should be a choice of the network and apps I'm using."
* Content security and access control. "And it has to be built-in, not glued on."
* Dynamic capacity: peak and off-peak. "Turn it up, turn it down."
* Predictable operating and capital costs.
Sounds like a Mainframe to me...
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE