2 posts • joined 30 Apr 2008
BT and EDS in one week. Someone's got a hole in their pockets.
His ideal system would work as follows:
* Simple, fast and on-demand experience. "Make it work like the web," said Templeton.
* Device, network and application independence. "There should be a choice of the network and apps I'm using."
* Content security and access control. "And it has to be built-in, not glued on."
* Dynamic capacity: peak and off-peak. "Turn it up, turn it down."
* Predictable operating and capital costs.
Sounds like a Mainframe to me...