1 post • joined Friday 27th July 2007 07:15 GMT
* This company has a product that will revolutionize the market and are actually claiming to have a laptop that is cheaper than OLPC? They even claim to make money on the business.
* The businesses that are supposed to handle shipping to consumers as well as service were not aware of Medison until a few days ago.
* On their web they claim that VAT and shipping is not included in the price, but in forums the frontman is claiming the opposite.
* All 6 companies under the Medison-name that has been registered in sweden since 1996 has gone bankrupt, but on the site they claim 11 successful years.
* On the site they claim to have factories in Bazil and later on they deny it.
* They have sold this laptop since march in sweden, for a price of 450$ and all who claims to have placed orders are still waiting for delivery.
* When they released info about their fantastic prize they had a lot of banners from partners on their site, banners that has been pulled by companies who say that they have nothing to do with Medison.
* Founder has no income, no capial and no real estate
* Why advertize Windows Live Messenger on a site for a laptop that only ships with Linux?
* Why launch this during the time in Sweden where all is more or less closed due to vacation and almost nothing can be verified?
* Howcome a smalltime swede claims to be able to make this venture possible and even financially viable when Asus cannot?
* All this adds up to very good reason to be careful
Sadly Swedish mainstream media has reported that this is viable and many unsuspecting Mr & Mrs Swede is placing orders. Forums all over are claiming this is a scam and media refuses to change their view on this, thus luring more and more to give this scammers money.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE