4 posts • joined Wednesday 25th July 2007 18:42 GMT
Re:TV's barely showing up with HDMI/HDCP!?
"And as for it not being a TV... i'm lost, it says it's next generation so of course it is, it'll merely upscale and interlace existing resolutions - much like HD Compatible/Ready sets do to display 1080i etc"
The only time the article says next generation is "It has unveiled the world’s first 30in LCD display, capable of providing a 2560 x 1600 resolution through the next-generation DisplayPort video interface."
Notice the fact that next generation applies to the interface, not the monitor.
Also you say its going to upscale the existing resolutions. The article has no mention of this ability in the monitor at all.
"1080p will become 257879867836579843p before long and Blu Ray and HD-DVD will have to change everything!"
No 1080p will stay for a while since true 1080p tv programming is just now arriving.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default