8 posts • joined 24 Jul 2007
The obvious question...
is, "How may hours per week, average, would you say you leave your garage door open?"
B&E types aren't typically the most meticulous planners. I think it's a lot more likely that the guy leaves his garage open a lot of the time, and the crooks happened to drive by at an opportune moment. They spotted the loot and came back that night to make a withdrawal. But since, apparently, no reporter thought to ask Mr. Rayner this obvious question, I suppose we should just blame Google and be done with it.
means "next to last". Not "final".
Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles?
Here in the states, it's Teenage Mutant NINJA Turtles. Is it different across the pond, or was "Hero" a misprint?
Black Friday not the biggest shopping day
So I'm picking nits. Whatever. http://www.snopes.com/holidays/thanksgiving/shopping.asp
"Itanium", not "Titanium"
The interview with Knuth is here: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1193856
It's "Itanium", not "Titanium". "Titanium" makes absolutely no sense.
My duty as a Texan
I feel it's my duty as a born-and-raised Texan to point out that it's spelled "Whoa", not "Woah".
Peaked at 14
I looked up her album sales once. Her debut album was her biggest seller. Every album since then has sold progressively fewer copies. How would that be, to be 25 years old and know that your career had peaked 10 years ago?
How in the world can you post a story like this with no pics? For that matter, don't you have any pics of Jordon and her new pup?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...