1 post • joined 20 Jul 2007
My new HP laptop came loaded with Vista. First thing, it wouldn't interface with my trusty old office printer because Xerox hasn't (and isn't going to) write a Vista driver for the old printer.
Next, I tried to sync my laptop with my office network via remote desktop. The office system is XP professional. No dice. A message appears that says the Vista remote desktop application isn't compatible with earlier versions of Windows!
I'll be dual booting XP, I guess.. Reminds me of the days when you had to buy an operating system separately.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'