4 posts • joined 11 Jul 2007
Let's call it what it is, that is a GPS.
Odds are, Yahoo will be using Microsoft software. Plop!
I love the pic from the article
It looks like the pilots are surrendering to some alien probe.
The two most generic fields in I.T. today. I am always happy to see people looking to move into technology. Todays ads promise amazing salaries with Microsoft or Cisco certification. That is just not the case. The good salaries are reserved for Unix or Linux experience. Business runs on these platforms. The ads produce a widespread commodity of these skills which further acts to reduce the value. When the skills to run the platform are this generic, you get a generic platform. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. A platform so generic can't do anything of significant value.
- iPad? More like iFAD: This is why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them